A delicious and easy casserole that will be a new family favorite.
Ready In: 50 mins
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 45 mins
Yields: 8 Servings
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 4 large celery ribs (finely diced)
- 3/4 lb mixed wild mushrooms cleaned and quartered (crimini and shitake)
- 3 T all-purpose flour
- 1 c low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/4 c Stonyfield Organic Low Fat 2% milk
- 1 1/2 c Stonyfield Organic Low Fat Plain Yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 lb broccoli cut into 1' florets and stems diced
- 1 1/2 c cheddar cheese (divided, shredded )
- 1 1/3 c butter crackers (crumbled)
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium/high heat. Add onions and celery and cook until softened (about 5 minutes). Add mushrooms and cook another 5 minutes. Sprinkle flour over vegetables and cook an additional minute. Add stock and stir scraping up bits from bottom of pot as you stir (about 3 minutes).
Remove from heat and add milk, yogurt, salt and pepper. Add Broccoli and 1/2 the cheese. Pour mixture into a baking dish.
In a small bowl mix the remaining cheese with the cracker crumbs. Sprinkle on top of mixture in the baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes.