Whenever you get a group of kids together (or moms for that matter), snack time is virtually inevitable. After all, getting together with friends is always better with good food to bond over!
As a mama who hosts my fair share of play dates, I’m always on the lookout for snacks are easy, mess free, and kid-approved! I’ve rounded up six of my favorite healthy snacks to refuel after a fun afternoon of play!
- Fruit Dip: This simple fruit dip takes seconds to whip up, and just about as long to be devoured! With a couple of small tweaks, this tasty dip can be used with veggies too!
- Dried Fruit: Speaking of fruit, thanks to Sommer at Green and Clean Mom, I found out that making your own dried fruit is easier than you’d think! If your kids are anything like mine, they’ll gobble these down like candy!
- Yogurt Parfaits: Let the kids get in on the action by creating their own yogurt parfaits. Meghan from JaMonkey has ten great ideas to make your yogurt CRUNCH!
- Watermelon Pizza: This fun twist on a childhood favorite is sure to make your little ones smile. Once you have your base, get as creative as you want for all of your delicious “toppings.”
- Homemade Granola Bars: These yummy bars are perfect on their own, but the chocolate drizzle is sure to be a hit with the kiddos! You’ll never need to buy a box of bars at the store again.
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies: There’s nothing more classic than a chocolate chip cookie, but I think Ashley from Big Flavors Tiny Kitchen has taken it to the next level with this tasty recipe! See if your mini taste testers can figure out the secret ingredient.
Photo by Ashley Covelli.