Like yours, the Stonyfield families are always searching to find new ways to keep the kiddos occupied. Earth Month has provided some recent inspiration! Made from plant-based plastic, Stonyfield Kids or YoBaby yogurt cups are the perfect container to sprout seedlings this spring. Check out this video and start your organic garden adventure with the kids:
Want to do this one with your own family or class? Follow these simple instructions!
1. Have a grown up help you puncture some holes in the bottom of the cup. Be sure to make the puncture holes from the inside of the container so the plastic points out and it’s easier for excess water to drain.
2. Add some potting soil to your cup. You want to add enough so that you have about a half inch left at the top.
3. Add some seeds! Add a few seeds to your cup because some may not germinate. Most seeds just barely need to be under dirt. If you put them too far down they won’t sprout.
4. Label your plant with a popsicle stick so you know what you’ve planted.
5. Water your seedlings gently with a few sprays of water and take them home and set them in a sunny window sill. When your dirt looks dry, add a little more water.
Want to try a different spring/Earth Day activity? Here are some ideas. (If you make a video, post and tag us @stonyfield!)