At Stonyfield Organic we have been celebrating our Earth since before we even started making yogurt...
And our commitment to the planet has been unwavering ever since. This year, more than ever, we are concerned for its future. With the importance of the Midterm Elections in November and the need for even more awareness about our planet, here are some of our favorite things to do for the place we all call home.
- Take A Hike! But honestly, take a hike, get some fresh air, look up what types of plant species are along the trail, enjoy the beautiful world we live in and remind yourself why we all need to take care of the earth!
- Reduce, Reuse, RECYCLE! Don’t have a trash system at home? Do some homework, see what types of receptacles your local transfer station has and make sure you are separating your trash correctly.
- Ready to go above and BEYOND? Try not using the trash can for one day. One whole day of not throwing away anything into the trash!
- Fun Run! Grab a group of friends and go for a run and pick up trash on the side of the road. *Tip* Make it a game, whoever picks up the most trash wins!
- Let’s go to the Beach! Did you know that approximately 1.4 billion pounds of trash per year enters the ocean? Bring your family to the beach and pick up anything that is not natural to the earth. Our ocean is a beautiful thing, let’s keep it that way, right?
- Craft Time! Show your kids that you can reuse certain recycling over and over again. *Tip* Finish off that Stonyfield Whole Milk Greek quart in your fridge and clean it out - Look! Suddenly it’s a rainy day fund container, or a leftovers container! Magic.
- Do Your Homework. Find out what candidates are running in your district for the Midterms on November 6, 2018 and pledge to vote for the best candidate, of either party, who will stand up for the environment.
Easy, Instant Changes You Can Make Today
- Conserving energy / water
- Avoid using pesticides on your lawn or yard
- Buy Organic!
- Buy Local
- Carpool to work, or walk/bike if you can!
- Turn the water off while brushing your teeth.
- Shut off lights you aren't using!
- Take shorter showers
- Plant bee-friendly flowers native to your environment
- Use natural cleaning products
Why Earth Day Matters