One thing we love in our home is dips. We dip just about everything we eat, so I’m always trying to come up with flavorful and healthy dips for my family to enjoy. Bonus points if my toddler likes the dip. We eat a lot of Mexican food in my home and although we love our salsa and guacamole I like to switch it up. One of our favorite Tex-Mex restaurants has the most amazing creamy jalapeno cilantro dip. It’s so good I could drink it, but it’s a bit on the spicy side hence the jalapeno. I’ve been working on a similar version that is milder to the taste buds but still packs the same punch!
I’ve tested this recipe with both plain yogurt and Greek yogurt and ultimately my family enjoys the dip the best when I make it with plain yogurt. We even had friends over one evening and they loved the dip and thought it was an avocado ranch dip. They were shocked when they heard the creamy base was made with Stonyfield yogurt. They both said they would have never thought to make a dip out of just yogurt.
To make this dip all you need is a food processor or a high-powered blender. You’ll puree 1 cup of the Stonyfield Smooth & Creamy Whole Milk Plain Yogurt with all the spices, fresh herbs, and garlic clove. Once the dip is completely pureed you’ll pour it into a large bowl and then carefully hand mix in ½ cup more of the Stonyfield Smooth & Creamy Whole Milk Plain Yogurt. I found that if you simply pureed the 1-1/2 cups together the dip wasn’t as thick and more of a soup like texture. By hand mixing in the last half cup it gives you a little bit of a thicker texture. If you’re looking for a new Mexican-style dip to serve at your next fiesta I highly suggest you try my recipe for Cilantro Lime Yogurt Dip!
Cilantro Lime Yogurt Dip
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 1-1/2 cups
- 1-1/2 cups Stonyfield Smooth & Creamy Whole Milk Plain Yogurt
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 green onion shoots
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro with stems on
- ½ lime zested and juice
- ½ teaspoon chili powder, plus more for garnish
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- In a food processor, combine 1 cup of Stonyfield Smooth & Creamy Whole Milk Plain Yogurt, garlic clove, green onions, fresh cilantro, lime zest and juice, ½ teaspoon chili powder, salt, and cumin. Puree until smooth.
- Add the puree to a bowl then carefully hand mix-in ½ cup of Stonyfield Smooth & Creamy Whole Milk Plain Yogurt. Sprinkle chili powder on top and serve with tortilla chips. Refrigerate leftovers in airtight container for up to 1 week.