Trade Management Specialist
Stonyfield is an organic pioneer. We believe socially responsible business can change the world, and that organic is better for people and the planet’s health. We passionately lead a better way to make food for healthy people and a healthy planet and our employees are at the centerpiece of this mission.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Trade Management Specialist will be responsible for contributing to business improvement by educating and partnering with the sales team to help manage their financial requirements and will add value to our customers by providing a direct interface for all trade management & accounts receivable questions, issues and problem resolutions.
- Responsible for accounts receivable functions, application of cash, managing accounts receivable aging, month end close, etc.
- Process and manage deductions from the customers to trade promotions accruals including validating accuracy
- Contribute to the financial success of Stonyfield by improving DSO with identification of unpaid invoices, resolution of customer issues impacting payment frequency and partnering with Sales to lead aggressive and focused collection efforts of invalid deductions
- Insure internal control and financial integrity over the trade management process by validating transactions in the trade management process are recorded consistently with internal policies and accounting rules
- Invoicing & Price Verifications: Proactively prevent invoice disputes by identifying invoice price discrepancies and resolving with Sales and Customers
- Accurate and timely resolution of cash receipts in accordance with established guidelines.
- Validate and process customer claims in company trade system
- Create claims in company trade system for deductions and payments
- Forecast and review accrual to actual comparisons at customer level, ensure accuracy of accrual
- Collection of customer invalid deductions
- Identify EFT opportunities with partner Customers and work to transition
- Perform control function to validate accuracy of promotion contracts and promotion claims
- Establish cross-functional relationships to respond to needs of the business: resolution of customer issues, improved management of trade spending, improved collections
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree preferable
- Prior experience / understanding of trade management concepts and policies.
- Demonstrated understanding of control concepts, policies, and trade accounting rules
- Ability to learn and use transactional systems
- Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints
- Self-motivated; requiring little day-to-day supervision
- Manages competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Ability to operate in a team environment
- Ability to adapt in a changing work environment
Stonyfield is an equal employment opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants with regard to any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, and physical or mental disability.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference "Trade Management Specialist" in the subject line.