We aren’t just yogurt on a mission; we're people on a mission.
Stonyfield is an organic pioneer. We believe socially responsible business can change the world, and that organic is better for people and the planet’s health. We passionately lead a better way to make food for healthy people and a healthy planet and our employees are at the centerpiece of this mission.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Staff Accountant will support the accounting department in month-end close process; including the preparation and reconciliation of financial statements. The role will assist the Accounting Manager in maintaining accurate financial information and ensuring internal controls are preserved.
- Assist with month end close – including compiling and analyzing financial information
- Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of monthly journal entries and reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Assist with preparation of financial statements and monthly consolidation reporting
- Assist with year-end audit, including compiling requested information and preparation of various analysis reports
- Support business needs in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting, and strategic analysis as requested
- Ensure compliance with Company internal controls
- Identify and implement opportunities to streamline accounting processes
- Maintain General Ledger and Chart of Accounts
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3-5 years accounting experience, some public experience preferred
- Excellent computer knowledge of Microsoft products (Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
- ERP experience, SAP is a plus
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information, develops alternative solutions and uses reasoning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints
- Ability to operate in a team environment
- Ability to adapt in a changing work environment
- Requires the ability to flex schedule as needed to meet business demands, including nights and/or weekends
Stonyfield is an equal employment opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants with regard to any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, and physical or mental disability.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference "Staff Accountant" in the subject line.