Sales Planning Manager
Stonyfield is an organic pioneer. We believe socially responsible business can change the world, and that organic is better for people and the planet’s health. We passionately lead a better way to make food for healthy people and a healthy planet and our employees are at the centerpiece of this mission.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Sales Planning Manager will manage the assigned channel business through developing detailed business plans aligned with our strategic growth objectives and to understand our business ground realities. The Sales Planning Manager is part of the Sales team and serves as the key lead in working with the field team to transform strategic objectives into actionable plans for each customer.
- Own and continuously improve field planning process. Assist the field in creating bottoms up sales plan as part of the planning cycle and monitor the execution and performance of the plan. Consider dynamics across geographies, customers, market trends, brands and product portfolio and incorporate them into business plans
- Maintain constant monitoring of sales and business performance across all customers within the assigned division. This person works closely with the field to create the plan, track execution and provide insights to drive decision making
- Build and deliver scorecard/dashboards to internal and external stakeholders, highlighting region performance, trends and insights
- Lead category, channel and customer performance analysis for the assigned channel. Work cross-functionally to assist in building strategies that drive results
- Be the business/customer performance expert. Assist in all requests by senior staff for information and presentation support to drive sales in an extremely dynamic environment.
- Provide inputs to demand planning team to improve forecast accuracy
- Provide inputs to Brand and Shopper Strategy Teams to improve new item launch and pricing strategy
- Work with Brand and Shopper Strategy team to ensure alignment between promotional and shopper strategy, delivering profitable efficient plans
- Analyze/present retail audit data and identify key opportunities per Channel, Key Account, per region, per brand, and recommend actions and next steps with focus on the 4-Ps
- Understand and define areas for improvements with channel strategy
- Study and recommend sales incentives that best fit and motivate broker teams against company priorities and KPI's
- Provide input into the budget setting process, and take overall accountability for working within budget
- Understand and monitor trade dynamics evolution, and communicate trade structure changes that could affect company route to market strategy
- Work with category management team to analyze competitive strategies through analysis of product, solution, services, customer, channel etc.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from an accredited institution; A Master’s Degree preferable
- Has a minimum of 2 years of analyst experience preferably in a sales, marketing or finance role exhibiting strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to travel as needed
- Experience with business analysis and developing plans and tools that assist senior leadership in decision making
- Has outstanding problem solving skills; is able to identify issues and opportunities
- Strong attention to detail and has a results focused approach;
- Prior billing/invoicing experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SAP preferred
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the organization, including the ability to present business information in a group setting
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints
- Ability to operate in a team environment
- Ability to adapt in a changing work environment
Stonyfield is an equal employment opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants with regard to any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, and physical or mental disability.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference "Sales Planning Manager" in the subject line.