Performance Engineering Intern Summer 2018
Stonyfield is an organic pioneer. We believe socially responsible business can change the world, and that organic is better for people and the planet’s health. We passionately lead a better way to make food for healthy people and a healthy planet and our employees are at the centerpiece of this mission.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Performance Engineering Intern will learn the yogurt making process and the environmental impacts of manufacturing. Working with current engineers, operators and management, this intern will support current performance projects with data analysis, data trending and SPC analysis.
Key Potential Projects:
- Learn the daily direction setting processes and reviewing line performance using the SIM Process (ie Line Tours, Downtime Tracking, Losses Tracking, QAR Completion)
- Identify and lead at least one Problem Solving Group (PSG) with a team of operators and engineers
- Collect baseline data, drive the improvements and identify means to trend the results/impacts
- Seek out options for different mechanical parts or applications. This may include independent research including contacting vendors to obtain quotations
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Pursuing a Bachelors Degree with a major in Engineering
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines with high quality results within specified time constraints
- Quick learner and self-starter; demonstrated analytical skills
- Passionate, hard worker with flexibility to evolve in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated success in a cross-functional, collaborative team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the Organization
Stonyfield is an equal employment opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants with regard to any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, and physical or mental disability.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference "Performance Engineering Intern Summer 2018" in the subject line.