Organic and Sustainable Agriculture Intern Summer 2018
Stonyfield is an organic pioneer. We believe socially responsible business can change the world, and that organic is better for people and the planet’s health. We passionately lead a better way to make food for healthy people and a healthy planet and our employees are at the centerpiece of this mission.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Organic & Sustainable Agriculture Intern will have two main responsibilities this summer: 1) to redesign Stonyfield’s Organic Communications Toolkit, and 2) to conduct a sustainability assessment of Stonyfield’s direct milk supply. The selected intern will provide tangible contributions while experiencing a business that is authentically committed to sustainability leadership.
- Organic Communications Toolkit:
- Assist with the update and redesign of an internal organic communications toolkit that will be used by Stonyfield employees in marketing, communications, and sales to inform their work in communicating about topics related to organic agriculture.
- Toolkit will include talking points, key background information and scientific sources for topics related to organic agriculture. Specific topics in the toolkit include: organic 101, the impact of organic agriculture on health and the environment, GMOs, milk, animal welfare, pesticides, and organic regulation.
- Work closely with the Director of Organic and Sustainable Agriculture to develop the various toolkit components for each topic.
- Direct Milk Supply sustainability assessment:
- Together with the Director of Organic and Sustainable Agriculture and other members of the Stonyfield milk team, assist with the development of metrics and associated data collection for evaluating sustainability on the dairy farms in Stonyfield’s direct milk supply program.
- Requires travel to interview dairies in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and eastern New York state.
- Other support as needed:
- Assist Director of Organic and Sustainable Agriculture with other small projects related to the direct milk supply, organic training, and sustainability.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Pursuing a graduate degree in agriculture or a related field
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines with high quality results within specified time constraints
- Experience with conducting reviews of scientific literature
- Quick learner and self-starter; demonstrated analytical skills
- Passionate, hard worker with flexibility to evolve in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated success in a cross-functional, collaborative team environment
- Farming experience, or experience working with farmers, a plus.
Stonyfield is an equal employment opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants with regard to any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, and physical or mental disability.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference "Organic and Sustainable Agriculture Intern Summer 2018" in the subject line.