Milk Sourcing Analyst
We aren’t just yogurt on a mission; we're people on a mission.
Stonyfield is an organic pioneer. We believe socially responsible business can change the world, and that organic is better for people and the planet’s health. We passionately lead a better way to make food for healthy people and a healthy planet and our employees are at the centerpiece of this mission.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Milk Sourcing Analyst will be responsible for tracking key financial, quality, and service level metrics associated with Stonyfield’s milk purchases, perform financial analyses to inform strategic sourcing decisions, and provide administrative support to the milk sourcing team. The role will work to identify opportunities to streamline and automate existing systems of data collection and reporting in order to improve the accuracy and speed of financial forecasting. They will build on existing work to create and update a dashboard of Key Performance Indicators regarding organic milk purchases.
- Manage and enhance system for improved tracking, reporting, and updating of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) regarding overall organic milk purchases, including financial, quality, and service level indicators
- Evaluate existing systems of data collection and reporting, make recommendations for improvements, and build tools to streamline and automate in order to improve accuracy and speed of financial forecasting
- Manage Purchase Order process, including PO creation and interfacing with vendors and Accounts Payable
- Manage and analyze 18-month milk forecasts on a quarterly basis for leadership review and risk mitigation, partnering cross-functionally to ensure accuracy
- Maintain latest estimate of monthly milk purchases (volume and spend) for all locations where Stonyfield product is manufactured
- Support Finance with updated and automating forecast to project credits and debits based on Federal Milk Marketing Order pooling system
- Working with Stonyfield’s direct milk supply program staff, provide analytical support to track overall direct milk supply spend and productivity
- Maintain master view of milk costs by milk type to inform strategic sourcing decisions
- Provide analytical support to advance key initiatives of Stonyfield’s cross-functional Milk Team focused on milk use, optimization, and quality
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (e.g., business, finance, supply chain, engineering, computer science), MBA preferred
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent expertise in Excel and PowerPoint required
- Strong analytic, communication, project management, and organizational skills are essential
- Rigorously data-driven with eye for efficiency and optimization
- Ability to quickly develop strong understanding of organic and conventional milk markets
- SAP or comparable business systems solutions knowledge a plus
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints
- Ability to adapt in a changing work environment
- Enthusiasm for Stonyfield’s mission and organic and sustainable agriculture
Stonyfield is an equal employment opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants with regard to any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, and physical or mental disability.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference "Milk Sourcing Analyst" in the subject line.