Material Handling Supervisor – 2nd Shift
We aren’t just yogurt on a mission; we're people on a mission.
Stonyfield is an organic pioneer. We believe socially responsible business can change the world, and that organic is better for people and the planet’s health. We passionately lead a better way to make food for healthy people and a healthy planet and our employees are at the centerpiece of this mission.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Material Handling Supervisor is responsible for material handling functions supporting inventory control, raw materials warehouse and manufacturing environments. Coordinates and directs activities involving the receiving, storing and physical control of all raw materials. Manages the flow of goods in the most effective, expeditious, and cost effective manner. All of these activities are to be managed in accordance with the company’s goals of safety, quality, regulatory preparedness, financial performance, environmental mission, inventory controls and customer service.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety and quality, as applicable and defined in plant and department procedures.
- Responsible for hiring, training, development, evaluation, discipline and general supervision of staff.
- Ensure proper handling of incoming raw materials and supplies.
- Ensure that materials are maintained in an organized and efficient manner at all times so as to aid inventory taking procedures.
- Ensure proper disposal of all distressed product and recycled materials.
- Maintain sanitary conditions at all times.
- Develop and implement departmental efficiency goals based on measurements. Execute established KPIs and best practices across Materials team.
- Monitor material handling labor costs and identify areas for improved efficiency.
- Define and monitor initiatives towards continuous improvement in efficiencies, internal processes, production organization, layout, etc.
- Collaborate with Inventory and Production teams in order to strive for continuous improvement in all areas of manufacturing.
- Maintain GMP’s at the highest levels in all areas of responsibility.
- Develop and implement strategies to reduce damaged materials, reduce the incidences of miss-picked materials and improve shift activity and efficiency measurements.
- Ensure compliance with all Company and FDA Quality requirements as stated in PMO and SOPs.
- Ensure compliance with all material management and lot tracking procedures.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from an accredited institution.
- 1-3 years experience in warehouse/shipping management within a manufacturing environment highly desirable.
- Prior experience with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma.
- Prior experience with hand held scanners and warehouse management software.
- Must possess strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Demonstrated ability to train and manage warehouse workers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience with Powered Industrial Equipment including forklifts, high lifts, and electric pallets jacks.
- Ability to flex shift as needed for business and staffing needs.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints.
- Ability to operate in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt in a changing work environment.
Stonyfield is an equal employment opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants with regard to any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, and physical or mental disability.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference "Material Handling Supervisor – 2nd Shift" in the subject line.