Maintenance Technician - Nights
We aren’t just yogurt on a mission; we're people on a mission.
Responsible for installing, troubleshooting and repairing manufacturing processing and packaging equipment and distribution systems through a broad knowledge base of manufacturing skills in electrical, controls and mechanical disciplines involving work of a varied nature with minimum supervision; resulting in efficient and reliable operation of plant facilities.
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety and quality as defined in plant and department procedures.
- Diagnose and repair electrical, panel controls and mechanical problems in manufacturing equipment to ensure the successful and reliable operation of manufacturing
- Perform routine inspections of operating equipment and initiate preventative maintenance programs to ensure the reliable and safe operation of equipment is sustained
- Install and ensure optimum operation of manufacturing equipment ensure all areas of safety are maintained during set-up and training
- Troubleshoot control circuitry including PLC hardware. ASI or Devicenet experience a plus.
- Demonstrate ability to work with high voltage equipment. This will include troubleshooting and the understanding electrical prints
- Routinely dismantle, repair and reassemble complex equipment as needed to maintain optimum run efficiency
- Complete routine paperwork such as filling out pm work orders, recording inspection results, logging emergency work orders in the book, recording parts used from inventory stores and recording necessary readings on log sheets in an accurate and timely manner
- Demonstrate a professional proactive approach to work by identifying areas for improvement and initiating actions to strengthen the line efficiencies and overall production operations
- Identify and work from drawings, verbal instructions or sketches on equipment and systems
- Cleans and maintains a clean work area both in shop and floor
- Operate all production equipment to perform functional operating checks and ensure work was performed as required
- Keep technical skills current through training and education and deliver training to others on areas of competency
- Work in a safe and professional manner demonstrating positive attitude and professional demeanor in the performance of daily work
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Associates degree in the industrial arts, licensed electrician, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC's desired.
- Must be flexible to accomplish the necessary tasks.
- Scheduled work days and hours may be altered depending on job demands.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to operate in a team environment
- Ability to adapt in a changing work environment
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts and weekends.
Stonyfield is an equal employment opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants with regard to any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, and physical or mental disability.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference "Maintenance Technician - Nights" in the subject line.