Maintenance Supervisor - Nights
Stonyfield is an organic pioneer. We believe socially responsible business can change the world, and that organic is better for people and the planet’s health. We passionately lead a better way to make food for healthy people and a healthy planet and our employees are at the centerpiece of this mission.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for working with the Maintenance Manager in developing, managing and leading a world-class maintenance organization for maintaining the Company’s long-term competitiveness. This position requires the individual to demonstrate excellent team building, people management, and leadership skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills, including face to face, written, and presentation, and excellent external and internal functional / cross-functional communications skills.
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety and quality as defined in plant and department procedures.
- Oversee and direct technician assignments during their shift, basing decisions on manpower, technical ability and knowledge, and production priorities. Managing the technician’s time on shift.
- Communicate and coordinate with Production Supervisors and Plant Engineering to determine the most efficient and timely corrective action in response to equipment breakdowns.
- Track, schedule and assign corrective and preventive maintenance activities.
- Ensure technicians are creating work orders to document activities as well as entering accurate and thorough information.
- Verify assigned work orders are completed in a timely manner and work quality is acceptable.
- Manages and approves technician work hours, vacation, sick days, etc.
- Performs technician coaching, reviews and disciplinary actions.
- Responsible for planning, organizing and directing the activities on the assigned shift.
- Operates production equipment to check work as required.
- Willingness to jump in and support technicians as needed is a must.
- Ensure successful leadership and integration of World Class Maintenance (WCM) processes into the overall organization.
- Effectively communicate WCM strategy, goals, and results across the organization as it relates to Maintenance and within the Maintenance Organization.
- Establish and influence the use of best practices and strategic benchmarks for assessing maintenance processes.
- Define and implement Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for measuring progress.
- Leading by example while maintaining a can-do attitude.
- Develop and support Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) within the facility.
- Develop training programs and development/progression plans for subordinates.
- Develop strategic partnerships across the company and with third party contractors to increase overall reliability.
- Develop and manage cross-functional improvement strategies.
- Identify opportunities in establishment of the WCM model, assess progress, and develop strategic programs for addressing the opportunities.
- Lead and direct effective interactions and positive cooperation through work relationships between all levels of the organization as topics relate to engineering to achieve business goals optimizing manufacturing output, quality, scheduling, reliability, safety, cost variance, and waste objectives.
- Champion the organizations values by leading best practices in maintenance supporting Quality initiatives.
- Adhere to Company’s strict compliance to PMO and FDA regulations, OSHA rules and Company guidelines for maintenance plans and projects.
- Direct the planning and implementation of maintenance strategies and programs to promote a proactive, skilled and comprehensive maintenance department that delivers service levels which promote optimal performance of equipment and systems that meet the needs of plant operations.
- Ensure the maintenance and operation of the equipment, systems, and processes for the overall facility meet compliance standards of all external regulatory agencies to include: PMO, OSHA, EPA, FDA and all other applicable regulations.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- BS/BA degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering or Equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years’ experience in food and/or chemical processing plant preferred.
- 10 years’ experience in maintenance systems development, management, and implementation preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in developing, leading, and executing proven maintenance reliability programs, management of maintenance budgeting processes, and frontline maintenance leadership.
- Experience managing smaller engineering and manufacturing project groups.
- Working knowledge of break down analysis, root cause analysis tools.
- Preventative and predictive mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize Maintenance Performance Measurements (KPIs).
- Demonstrated understanding and prior utilization of maintenance planning and scheduling concepts, storeroom management, maintenance best practices, and applied mechanical, electrical and controls principles.
- Knowledge of integrated maintenance and business systems (SAP preferred).
- Good computer skills including experience with Microsoft Excel, Work and Powerpoint.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints.
- Ability to operate in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt in a changing work environment.
- Requires the ability to work 12 hour shifts on the night shift.
Stonyfield is an equal employment opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants with regard to any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, and physical or mental disability.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference "Maintenance Supervisor - Nights" in the subject line.