Machine Operator - Nights
We aren’t just yogurt on a mission; we're people on a mission.
Stonyfield is an organic pioneer. We believe socially responsible business can change the world, and that organic is better for people and the planet’s health. We passionately lead a better way to make food for healthy people and a healthy planet and our employees are at the centerpiece of this mission.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Machine Operator will be responsible for all operational activities related to safety, product safety, line efficiency, performance and ingredient usage of the assigned production line.
- Responsible for personal and personnel safety for the assign production line and make recommendations for improvements to supervision.
- Responsible for the product quality of the assigned line, to include ensuring that all components used in the process match our Stonyfield standard (correct white mass, fruit dosing flavor injection, cups, lids, cup code, box code)
- Responsible for monitoring the weight control, line checks, changeovers, start up, shutdown and other process at the line.
- Responsible to ensure Stonyfield products are aligned with specification, making adjustments when needed and reporting any deviations to maintenance and supervision.
- Responsible for ensuring the housekeeping, GMP compliance, and respect for the zoning for the assigned production line.
- Responsible for ensuring that material handling is aware of any materials requirements for the line to ensure continuous operation of the line and report any issues that impact line performance to supervision
- Responsible to contribute to the overall success of the entire assign production shift; working with all team members and helping out where needed when work is not scheduled or cleaning is not required on your assigned production line.
- Responsible to ensure all containers used in the production process have proper labels to be in compliance
- Responsible for the Clean in Place (CIP) of the assigned production line, ensuring high level of sanitation is performed and working to stay within CIP expected timeframe allotted for the assigned line. Report any deviations to the standard, to supervision and report issues, through the use of an “Incident Report” and have supervision review the report
- Responsible for the completion of master sanitation PM’s for the assigned line when there is no production scheduled.
- Responsible to ensure operator control sheets have accurate information related to the fruit and flavor consumption for each SKU run.
- Responsible to contribute to Problem Solving Groups (PSG’s) to enhance the performance of the line or to help reduce losses.
- Being able to deal with changes in the work environment, being an active contributor to positive changes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Five years experience in manufacturing environment.
- HMI experience.
- Ability to work in a 12 hour schedule.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a noisy area.
- Computer literacy required.
- English proficiency (reading , writing skills)
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints.
- Ability to operate in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt in a changing work environment.
Stonyfield is an equal employment opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants with regard to any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, and physical or mental disability.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference "Machine Operator - Nights" in the subject line.