Incubator Palletizer Technician
We aren’t just yogurt on a mission; we're people on a mission.
Stonyfield is an organic pioneer. We believe socially responsible business can change the world, and that organic is better for people and the planet’s health. We passionately lead a better way to make food for healthy people and a healthy planet and our employees are at the centerpiece of this mission.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The basic functions of this position are to move pallets from the palletizers to the appropriate positions in the incubator and to monitor the fermentation process of yogurt determining the correct time to move pallets from the incubator to the cooling tunnels, recording specific data throughout the process according to SOP’s. In this position the operator will be called on at any time to perform either the Incubator tech or the palletizer operator position or both depending on workload.
- Monitor temperature and pH of product ensuring product is pulled at the desired pH levels as set by the QC Department in accordance with prescribed protocol.
- Monitor quality and notify QC Supervisor or Lead QC Technician of recommendation for product to be put on hold.
- Coordinate & communicate pallet flow with Production Supervisor and Incubator team to best utilize incubator floor space
- Enter all pallet data into data base on computer (line, time, pH, temperature)
- Properly generate Tekdan labels for all pallets declared in the incubator
- Using Tekdan and SAP maintain pallet inventory and status by the proper sampling, scrapping and blocking of product
- Maintain legible & accurate records of all data recorded
- Operate palletizers in order to ensure maximum efficiency of the production lines and product quality
- Maintain palletizers pallet inventories by replenishing empty pallets from shipping trailers to palletizers as needed
- Efficiently unload palletizers to the incubator storage location
- Communicate with line operators and maintenance discrepancies of product quality
- Must be familiar with and follow all lock-out/tag-out procedures
- Must maintain housekeeping keeping work areas at a high sanitary condition at all times
- Must follow all SOP and all GMP guidelines at all times
- Must follow stringent safety guidelines at all times and enforce these guidelines with coworkers
- Write work orders for items in area of responsibility, which are in need of repair. Also follow up to see that they are repaired
- Perform other duties as assigned
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- High school diploma is required.
- Strong basic math skills is required.
- English proficiency required.
- Ability to operate a pH meter.
- Ability to operate fork lift.
- Ability to operate control panels.
- Ability to obtain electric pallet jack and forklift certification.
- Computer knowledge is required.
- Logical thinking is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow procedures in detail.
- Ability to safely lift 30 lbs.
- Ability to work in termperatures of 110-120 degrees for up to 12 hours.
- Ability to climb vertical 8-1- foot ladder to top of palletizer; requires high level of coordination to work on platforms and walkways given overhead clearance and elevation.
Stonyfield is an equal employment opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants with regard to any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, and physical or mental disability.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference "Incubator Palletizer Technician" in the subject line.