We aren’t just yogurt on a mission; we're people on a mission.
Stonyfield is an organic pioneer. We believe socially responsible business can change the world, and that organic is better for people and the planet’s health. We passionately lead a better way to make food for healthy people and a healthy planet and our employees are at the centerpiece of this mission.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Financial Analyst is responsible for providing daily analytical support to Stonyfield management teams. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, the preparation of analyses on company performance vs. appropriate comparative and supporting the development of Proforma P&Ls for new products & sales programs. The Financial Analyst will prepare post-mortem review of programs. The Financial Analyst will prepare monthly reviews of spending trends vs. budgets, estimates, and prior periods. The Financial Analyst must be able to effectively handle a diverse range of duties while exercising initiative and independent judgment.
- Create, develop and present pro-forma profitability statements for new products and/or customer opportunities, as well as impact analysis of changes to existing products
- Track and prepare monthly analyses of expenses vs. budgets, forecasts and prior periods
- Support in the development of the rolling forecast and annual budgeting process including cost of goods expenses, as well as the development of product profit and loss statements
- Assist in the month end close including journal entries preparation and analysis of variances
- Provide analytical support and cost modeling to the Operations teams and make recommendations based on the results of the analysis
- Enhance/develop reporting and modeling tools using internal business intelligence system for use by the various departments
- Ability to manage multiple projects and objectives and respond quickly to requests from the management team
- Perform analysis on projected savings plan for Operations to fully understand the potential impact to the P&L and track actual results
- Provide support for ad hoc analyses to the Stonyfield management team
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and/or Business preferred
- Minimum of 5 years Financial Analysis experience preferably with an CPG company
- Reporting and modeling experience utilizing business consolidation software (SAP, BPC/EPM, Hyperion)
- Strong computer and analytic skills - specifically proficient with all Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience with SAP General Ledger/ERP system preferred
- Ability to conduct presentations to small and large groups with different levels of financial acumen
- Experience developing Income Statement Budgets and Forecasts
- Accrual accounting experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints
- Ability to operate in a team environment
- Ability to adapt in a changing work environment
Stonyfield is an equal employment opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants with regard to any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, and physical or mental disability.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference "Financial Analyst" in the subject line.