We aren’t just yogurt on a mission; we're people on a mission.
Stonyfield is an organic pioneer. We believe socially responsible business can change the world, and that organic is better for people and the planet’s health. We passionately lead a better way to make food for healthy people and a healthy planet and our employees are at the centerpiece of this mission.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The main function of this position is to maintain the cleanliness of the outside and inside areas of the building.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety and quality, as applicable and defined in plant and department procedures.
- Maintain outside areas, including snow removal, sanding and sweeping the sidewalks and general cleanliness of all entrances.
- Maintain a clean lunchroom throughout the day.
- Sweep and wash floors.
- Assist with housekeeping in restrooms.
- Stocking maintenance/janitorial supply cabinets when supplies arrive.
- Zambonie the cooler and production areas including all warehouses, incubation & dry goods.
- Clean interior walls.
- Maintain silo pad areas.
- Maintain trash & recycling areas and bins.
- Specific duties assigned in preparation for tours & inspections.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Healthy Food, Healthy People, Healthy Planet, Healthy Business
- Oversee the efficient implementation of quality standards, programs and processes to improve operational efficiencies and reduce/eliminate production waste and spoilage.
- Support environmental programs established within the organization to include recycling of all office wastes in accordance with program guidelines, initiate power conservation techniques by turning off lights and computers when not in use.
- Proactively look for ways to support our Mission, including reducing negative impacts on the environment.
- Proactively work in a safe manner in the context of performing the functions of the position.
- Oversee the implementation and adherence to Stonyfield safety practices and programs and hold fellow staff accountable.
- Report any unsafe conditions or practices to management so they may be appropriately addressed.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints
- Ability to operate in a team environment
- Ability to adapt in a changing work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires the ability to stand consistently.
- Requires the ability to sit seldom.
- Requires the ability to walk consistently
- Requires the use of hands/fingers to handle or feel is consistent.
- The ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl is occasionally.
- The ability to smell is seldom.
- The ability to operate powered equipment is occasional.
- Requires the ability to lift and/or carry weight up to _60_ pounds.
- The ability to push/pull weight up to _60_ pounds.
- The ability to work in either cold/hot environment as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in this work environment is high occasionally.
- The position experiences interruptions during the day occasionally.
- The requirement to work overtime in this environment is occasional.
- The ability to wear personal protective equipment such as hearing protection, safety shoes, hairnets, safety vests and bump caps is consistently.
- Ability work in an open and collaborative environment with no private offices is consistent.
Stonyfield is an equal employment opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants with regard to any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, and physical or mental disability.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference "Custodian" in the subject line.