Corporate Quality Manager
We aren’t just yogurt on a mission; we're people on a mission.
Stonyfield is an organic pioneer. We believe socially responsible business can change the world, and that organic is better for people and the planet’s health. We passionately lead a better way to make food for healthy people and a healthy planet and our employees are at the centerpiece of this mission.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Responsible for leading and providing the oversite of product quality and food safety compliance, to include existing product quality, new product quality design and food safety, consumer complaints, finished product specification, and quality and food safety risk assessments. This position will work closely with several departments including R&D, Plant Quality, Marketing, Sales, Regulatory, Consumer Care, Customer Solutions and Manufacturing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety and quality, as applicable and defined in plant and department procedures.
- Manage the Food Safety Design quality program by being integrated into the business team and overseeing the implementation of the program.
- Develop, drive, and continually improve comprehensive commercialization food safety and quality plans, consistent with business, consumer and corporate needs.
- Manage the launch of new products specific to food safety, quality and superiority.
- Capture and analyze consumer and customer feedback to identify improvement opportunities for product superiority.
- Develop and maintain quality and food safety policies and systems in accordance with Corporate & Division guidelines.
- Clearly communicate Stonyfield expectations to co-packers regarding quality policies, quality systems and specifications.
- Ensure leadership is consistently aware of current issues or problems related to product compliance with the scope of Londonderry and co-manufacturers.
- Coordinate the investigation of customer and consumer complaints with manufacturing and co-manufacturers in all realms of activity: microbiological, manufacturing, foreign objects and product quality and safety complaint trends.
- Prepare customer complaint responses based on internal investigation findings.
- Manage customer documentation requirements, customer audits and maintain customer documentation databases.
- Manage private label product launch customer requirements such as: finished product specification and finished product testing requirements.
- Perform internal audits of the food safety systems and support the Corporate Quality department during third party audits.
- Provide support and information to any department of SFI: Logistics, QC and R&D, Finance, Marketing and Sales.
- Support and develop other personnel in the operation of daily QC functions, product launches, retrofits, and any other activity concerning Quality Control.
- Manage the staffing, selection, training, performance, and employee development of staff.
- Maintain technical and professional knowledge as it relates to Regulatory Compliance, FSMA, and HARPC.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Dairy, Food, Nutritional Sciences or Food Microbiology.
- 7-10 years experience in quality assurance with a minimum of 5 years quality management experience within a dairy and food industry. Experience in sanitation and manufacturing are a plus.
- Well versed in PMO and SF22000 and its related regulations, with 3 years experience managing PMO regulatory compliance in a dairy manufacturing facility preferred.
- Mathematics proficiency in using algebraic expressions.
- Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to think in a logical manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to speak in front of large groups a must.
- Ability to take direction and work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to follow procedures to detail and work under pressure.
- Ability to maintain an organized and clean work area.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints
- Ability to operate in a team environment
- Ability to adapt in a changing work environment
Stonyfield is an equal employment opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants with regard to any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, and physical or mental disability.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference "Corporate Quality Manager" in the subject line.