Continuous Improvement Engineering Intern Summer 2018
Stonyfield is an organic pioneer. We believe socially responsible business can change the world, and that organic is better for people and the planet’s health. We passionately lead a better way to make food for healthy people and a healthy planet and our employees are at the centerpiece of this mission.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Continuous Improvement Engineering Intern will be responsible for partnering with the Losses Team on overall Loss Reduction through analysis, new method and process creation and root cause analysis. An interest in being out in the process, not behind a desk, is vital for success in this role.
Key Improvement Projects:
- Reducing Environmental Impact by Minimizing Consumption of Water & Energy
- Increasing Raw Material Utilization (Yield)
- Reducing Cost of Goods Sold
- Defect Reduction in Manufacturing
- Increasing Throughput
- Actively contributing to the design & development of the Process of the Future
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Pursuing a Bachelors Degree with a major in Engineering
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines with high quality results within specified time constraints
- Ability to balance conceptual “out of the box” thinking with practical real-world solutions
- Quick learner and self-starter; demonstrated analytical skills
- Passionate, hard worker with flexibility to evolve in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated success in a cross-functional, collaborative team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the Organization
Stonyfield is an equal employment opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants with regard to any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, and physical or mental disability.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference "Continuous Improvement Engineering Intern Summer 2018" in the subject line.