Veggie and Bacon Frittata
A fast, simple frittata that serves double duty as a breakfast or brunch entrée. Add bacon for the meat lovers or just add the veggies to keep it meat-free.
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 2 c baby spinach (chopped)
- 6 eggs (preferably organic)
- 1 c Stonyfield Organic 1% Milk
- 1/2 c Stonyfield Organic Whole Milk Greek Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 t onion powder
- 1/2 t dried basil
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c freshly grated cheese (Swiss, Pepper jack or Colby jack)
- 4 slices Applegate bacon (cooked and crumbled)
Heat oven to 375°. Coat 10" deep-dish pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper and spinach and sauté until soft, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, yogurt and seasonings. Add in cooled veggie and cheese then lightly whisk to combine.
Pour egg mixture into pie pan and top with crumbled bacon. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until center is puffed and edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.