I used to make this for my mother on her birthday. This is a gorgeous centerpiece to a birthday brunch. Serve with soup, salad, grains or pasta.
- 8 large eggs
- 2 T chives (finely chopped)
- 1 t Freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 T extra virgin olive oil or butter
- 1 c Stonyfield Organic Low Fat Plain Yogurt
- 1 c red onion (thinly sliced)
- 4 oz low fat cream cheese cut into 1' cubes
- 4 oz pre-sliced smoked salmon (cut into large strips)
- 3 plum tomatoes (sliced)
Calories: 250, Calories from Fat: 120, Total Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 330mg, Sodium: 210mg, Total Carbohydrate: 8g, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 5g, Protein: 23g
Preheat oven to 400°.
In medium bowl, whisk eggs until beaten and slightly frothy.
Whisk in yogurt, chives and pepper, set aside.
In a large oven proof skillet, heat oil over medium heat until small ripples form.
Add egg mixture to skillet then add onions, cream cheese cubes, salmon and tomatoes, arranging so that they are evenly distributed.
Cook for 3 minutes on stove then transfer to oven.
Bake until top is golden brown and center is firm, about 30 minutes.
Let cool slightly before serving.
Cut into wedges.