Pea Shoot Salad with Creamy Lemon Vinaigrette
Here is a fresh and crunchy salad that will add a bright, colorful contrast to your main dish. This lemony dressing is also delicious as a marinade or drizzled over grilled chicken or shrimp.
- 6 oz Stonyfield Organic Fat Free Lemon Yogurt
- 1/4 c lemon juice
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 t Dijon mustard
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 4 oz sugar snap peas (trimmed)
- 4 oz snow peas (trimmed)
- 1/2 c frozen peas (thawed)
- 1/2 c frozen shelled edamame (thawed)
- 7 oz pea shoots (washed, dried and long stems trimmed)
- 1 small head Bibb lettuce (washed, dried and chopped)
- 1 c baby carrots (cut diagonally into thin slices)
In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, mustard and salt and pepper; set aside.
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add sugar snap peas, snow peas, peas and edamame to pot and cook for 1 minute. Drain, rinse under cold water and blot dry with paper towels.
Place pea shoots, lettuce and carrots in a serving bowl and add cooked pea mixture. Drizzle dressing over top and toss gently. Serve immediately.