Fireworks Slaw with Tangy Cilantro Yogurt
The flavor of this slaw is as good as its looks. Bright and colorful, this would be a great accompaniment to roasted or grilled chicken or any grilled dish with a little spice to it!
- 2 c finely shredded green cabbage
- 1 c finely shredded red cabbage
- 3/4 c shredded or julienne carrots
- 3/4 c julienne red or multi colored sweet peppers
- 1/2 bunch cilantro (leaves washed and coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 c cider vinegar
- 2 T sugar
- 3/4 c Stonyfield Organic Whole Milk Plain Yogurt
- 1 t Dijon mustard
- 1/2 t celery seed
- 1 T canola oil
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1/8 t black pepper
Calories: 80, Calories from Fat: 35, Total Fat: 3.5g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Total Carbohydrate: 11g, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Protein: 2g
Combine cider vinegar and sugar in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil.
Reduce to 1/4 cup.
Whisk together yogurt, Dijon, celery seed, oil, salt and pepper.
Whisk in vinegar reduction.
Toss together cabbages, veggies and herbs.