- 1 loaf hearty herb bread (6 1/2 cups, cut in 1/2' cubes )
- 1 c cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 c unsweetened apple juice
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 c dried figs (chopped)
- 1 c walnuts (toasted in hot dry skillet)
- 1 T fresh sage (chopped)
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 c Stonyfield Organic Fat Free Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1/2 t freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a 9x11 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. Place breadcrumbs in a large bowl and set aside.
Put cranberries in saucepan with 1/4 cup of apple juice over medium/high heat. Bring to a boil. Cranberries will start to pop and split. Remove from heat, drain and add to bread cubes Next add onion, figs, walnuts, and sage.
In another bowl, whisk the remaining 1/4 cup of apple juice and olive oil. And yogurt, salt and pepper to apple juice mixture. Toss yogurt mixture into bread mixture. Press into prepared baking dish or stuff into whatever you are stuffing. If cooking in baking dish, bake for 45-50 minutes.
Calories: 400, Calories from Fat: 120, Total Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 510mg, Total Carbohydrate: 60g, Dietary Fiber: 4g, Sugars: 18g, Protein: 11g, Vitamin C: 4%, Calcium: 10%, Iron: 10%