- 1 lb baby beets (about 12-15, stemmed and trimmed)
- 2 c bulgur wheat
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 c Stonyfield Organic Whole Milk Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 c fresh mint (chopped)
- 1/2 c fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 c fresh dill (chopped)
- 8 scallions (green and white parts, chopped)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a pot of boiling water, cook beets until tender (about 15- 20 minutes). Drain, cool, peel, and cut beets in half. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cover bulgur wheat with cold water. Let stand for 30 minutes. Drain off excess water and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine olive oil, yogurt, fresh herbs, scallions, and lemon juice. Add wheat, beets, salt and pepper to yogurt mixture and stir. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Calories: 240, Calories from Fat: 80, Total Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Sodium: 70mg, Total Carbohydrate: 36g, Dietary Fiber: 9g, Sugars: 6g, Protein: 7g, Vitamin A: 10%, Vitamin C: 30%, Calcium: 8%, Iron: 10%