What they do
Ensure that we carefully consider our mission when making purchasing decisions about our ingredients.
By 2012, 100% of the ingredients used by Stonyfield from the field to the cup will meet our eight Sourcing Values:
- We are all about organic—by seeking out ingredients that are grown and raised with care, we are able to offer you the healthiest food possible;
- We make sure to know where each ingredient comes from and offer full transparency to our consumers;
- We source from family farmers whom we know and trust;
- We believe that environmental farming practices, organic and beyond, will advance the well-being of our planet;
- We support the humane treatment of the cows that provide us with milk to make our products:
- We seek to offer fair economic return and create long-term and transparent relationships with our farmers and suppliers;
- We believe fairness on the farm includes a safe and healthy working environment, living wages, and dignity for all workers;
- From the farm to the cup, we work every day to reduce our carbon footprint.
Meet the team
The team consists of a cross-functional group representing Purchasing, Natural Resources, Supply Chain & Logistics, and Quality.
- Develop indicators for the Sourcing Values—for example, how do we measure how well a particular supplier matches what we’re looking for?—and baseline key suppliers.
- Develop tools to help growers and suppliers improve their practices and comply with our Sourcing Values.
Sample of accomplishments & results
- Developed our Sourcing Values to guide decisions about our ingredients.
- Conducted a food miles study of our top ingredients.
- Conducted a GAP analysis of producer sustainability certification programs.
- Grower Sustainability Toolkit in development.