All this environmental stuff doesn't happen magically. It happens because of the hard work and commitment of many Stonyfield Farm employees.
It really works both ways here. That is, we expect employees to contribute to our company's environmental efforts, but we also support them with education, training, and opportunities to merge the environmental knowledge they've gained at work with the decisions they make and actions they take in their personal lives. A few examples…
- First-day new hire general environmental orientation
- Half-day orientation on climate change and Stonyfield Farm's environmental impacts
- Half-day orientation on organic farming, which takes place on a real organic dairy farm
- Regular "Munch and Learns," informational presentations given over the "lunch" hour
- Organic Training for all employees
- Organic Book Club (4 books per year)
- Annual zero waste Earth Day Fair following our Earth Day 5k to educate the public and our employees about businesses and opportunities that help protect and restore the Earth in our region.
Support for making environmental efforts in our personal lives
- Stonyfield incentive program for carpooling, walking, or biking to work
- Community Supported Agriculture (C.S.A.) shares delivered to our door—local, fresh organic produce
- Fuel-Efficient Automobile Incentive to encourage employees to purchase fuel-efficient vehicles
- Freedom to use up to two days a year to volunteer for a non-profit organization on work time.
- Employee Buying Club allows employees to buy thousands of organic and natural food direct at a discounted price
- Annual compost bin & rain barrel sale