We’re big dreamers around here at Stonyfield. Our organic yogurt may come in small cups but it is made by a collection of individuals who think big, big thoughts about changing the world.
We dream about a world free of harmful chemicals where there is no need to #fightpesticides.
We dream about lush pasture and cows fed only grass. We dream about a system of farming where everyone wins – from the soil to the cows to the farmers. We dream about an organic meal being more affordable than a Happy Meal. We dream about being able to determine when food contains GMOs by the label. (Actually, we dream of a world where all food is made without GMOs or hormones or toxic persistent pesticides.) We dream about all kinds of things.
Here is what some of our Stonyfield dreamers hope for in a world without toxic persistent pesticides:
- In a world without pesticides, grocery shopping would be a less daunting and stressful activity as I try to find the safest foods for my family. It would give me more peace of mind to know all of the fruits and vegetables in the produce section hadn’t been treated with pesticides.
- Children could roll around in healthy, green grass without their parents wondering about what nasty chemicals were being absorbed into their skin.
- No one would ever ask me again, “Is it safe to drink your tap water?”
Lindsey Seavey, Associate Brand Manager
- Unbelievably rich soil everywhere, creating the productivity we need to feed the earth organically.
- Bees, birds, and butterflies
- Produce my kids can eat right off of the farm stand
- No more companies in the Fortune 500 that make pesticides, replaced by organic companies in the Fortune 500!
Wood Turner, VP of Sustainability
- Kids running in tall grass
- People/kids picking veggies out of the garden and fruit off trees and eating them straight-up
Amy Elkes, Brand Program & Consumer Insights Manager
What would a world without harmful pesticides look like to you?