I was trying to come up with something different to make for breakfast over the weekend when I realized that I had a lot of CSA vegetables in my fridge that needed to be used in the near future. I decided to throw them all together with some Applegate Farm breakfast sausages into a delicious and savory quiche. After Instagramming my breakfast (as one does), several of our fans asked for the recipe. Eager to please, I wrote it up and am sharing it with you here.
I’m calling it the “Veggie & Sausage Crustless Quiche” because you can use whatever veggies you happen to have on hand – you don’t have to use what I used. It would taste great with any number of combinations, so go nuts! I just hope you enjoy it half as much as my hungry teenager did.
Veggie & Sausage Crustless Quiche
1 5.3 oz cup of Stonyfield Greek Plain 0% fat yogurt
½ cup Stonyfield Whole Milk Smooth & Creamy Plain
1 package of Applegate Farms breakfast sausage links (I used chicken & sage), cooked according to package directions and chopped into bite-sized pieces
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 zucchini, thinly sliced
1 head of broccoli, chopped
2 garlic scapes, chopped
5-7 baby leeks, chopped
3 large eggs
1 tbsp butter
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease a 8” pie plate.
- In a medium frying pan, sauté the vegetables in butter until they are soft and tender and then add in the sausage. Transfer the mixture to the greased pie plate.
- Evenly cover the vegetable/sausage mixture with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the Stonyfield Greek Plain 0% fat yogurt and Stonyfield Whole Milk Smooth & Creamy Plain with the eggs, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the rest of the ingredients in the pie plate.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.