It’s that time of the year when many families are trying to savor these last few days of Summer with last minute trips to the beach, lounging by the pool, or even just letting the kids play in the sandbox in your own backyard. Here are five ways you can turn empty yogurt containers into fabulous Summer toys for plenty of impromptu play adventures:
1. Sprinkler — Drill several holes into the bottom and the sides of an empty 32 oz. Stonyfield yogurt container to make an instant sprinkler. Dunk the container in water to fill it up. Pull it out of the water, and watch it spray everywhere!
2. Sand Bucket — To craft up a recycled sand bucket, drill two holes on opposite sides near the top of the 32 oz Stonyfield container. Thread a thick ribbon through the holes to form a handle and secure with knots. These make great molds for building sand castles too!
3. Sand Cake Molds — Reuse empty 5.3 oz Stonyfield Greek yogurt containers as molds to create perfect pretend sand cakes. Decorate your sand cakes with seashells. Serve them up on recycled lids from 32 oz. Stonyfield containers for plates.
4. Mini Sand Sifter — Drill several holes through a lid from a 32 oz Stonyfield yogurt container to make a mini sand sifter for exploring sand and searching for shells.
5. Bubble Blower — Cut off the bottom of an empty round frozen yogurt carton. Flip the carton upside down and dip the top into a shallow dish of bubble solution. Blow through the bottom of the container to make bubbles!
All done playing with your DIY Summer toys? Be sure to send them to the recycle bin when playtime is over.