When our oldest was born I was all about cooking everything from scratch. We still cook and bake quite a bit, but life is so much busier now! We have three kids and between school, dance classes, soccer practice and preschool, we seem to be in the car all the time. It has been a bit of challenge to cook daily, but I have found pairing Stonyfield and Happy Family together to be a lifesaver! We use several items in breakfast, lunch, and on-the-go snacks every single day!
Here are just a couple of our favorites…..
- Stonyfield French Vanilla Yogurt & Happy Baby Puree Muffins – I make a batch of these muffins the night before – full of yogurt, fruit, and veggies, it is a great way to start the day! We also freeze about half the batch and save for school lunches – pop them in the lunchbox – defrosted and delicious by lunchtime!
- My son LOVES Stonyfield French Vanilla with Happy Munchies. We use reusable containers for the yogurt and a reusable baggie for Happy Munchies and he mixes them up at lunchtime!
- My daughter’s favorite lunchtime combo is Happy Family Super Toddler Bars dipped in a YoKids individual cup. With several flavors of both, she likes to pick a different flavor combination every day.
- Once the big kids take off for school, it is time for Mommy and Baby to have a snack. Baby loves Happy Munchies rice cakes with a Stonyfield yogurt dip.
- This is my absolute FAVORITE breakfast or post workout snack. Stonyfield Greek Yogurt with Honey, Happy Squeeze Super Acai, Grape, and Apple, and Happy Munchies rice cakes. Baby and I split the bag and dip in our yogurt – so yummy!
It seems like our kids are eating snacks on-the-go more often, and dinner is being pushed back a bit with all of our fun after school activities. It is really important to me that they eat something healthy and well balanced.
- We currently pack a Happy Tot (it has veggies and fruit), a YoKids Smoothie, and some Happy Munchies Rice Cakes.
And on those rare occasions when we just come home right after school, we sometimes get fancy. My son and I came up with this fun parfait idea!
- We layer chopped up super toddler bars, bananas, Stonyfield Banilla yogurt and Happy Tot coconut puree. Then we top it off with freeze dried yogurt bites and happy munchies veggie and fruit chips. He seriously LOVES this treat, he thinks it is a very special treat, and I am more than happy to make it with him! Fun and healthy!
Until Next Time ~
Kate Hamernik blogs at Catching Up With Kate. She lives in San Diego with her husband and three kiddies. She blogs about her journey to make healthier choices for her family, everyday life, and watching her kids grow into big people.