Crafting with the kids does not have to be messy or take up a lot of time. Here are five FUN projects that are inexpensive and use items you probably already have on-hand. Best of all, there’s no mess, which makes them the perfect segue way to getting homework assignments done!
1. Color Coded Beach — Cut up color coding labels to make a fun and colorful beach picture. See photo for ideas. Stick onto blue construction paper to make your own ocean scene!
2. Masking Tape City — Colored masking tape can be a great no-mess alternative to markers or paint. Plus, it’s perfect for helping kids draw straight lines like in this masking tape city picture. Arrange pieces of masking tape to a sheet of construction paper to form the buildings, and cut small pieces of colored masking tape for the windows.
3. Leaf Collage — If your area doesn’t have colored leaves yet, you can cut your own leaf shapes from tissue paper. Place the leaves on a sheet of clear contact paper, then add another layer of contact paper on top to sandwich the leaves in-between. Proudly display in a sunny window for a neat stained-glass effect!
4. Family Drawing Time — Craft time is a lot more fun when the entire family is involved! Before the kids come home from school, cover the kitchen table with rolls of butcher paper, and bring out plenty of pencils and crayons to enjoy some doodling time once everyone is home.
5. Model Magic Magnets — Roll out some colored model magic dough until it is about 1/4″ thick. Use cookie cutters to create fun shapes, and allow to dry overnight. Attach a self-adhesive magnet on the back.