This Mother’s Day, surprise your mom with a bouquet of flowers both good for the environment and sure to last! Amy P., Stonyfield’s Print & Trade Show Designer and creative whiz, created these fantastic flowers out of lids. They are simple to make and sure to show your mom just how fantastic she is.
Ready to make your own bouquet?
- 4-6 foil lids (you can use 6 or 32 oz size) per flower
- cardboard box for the stems
- empty smoothie bottle, yogurt container, or vase of your choosing
1. Stem – Cut cardboard box into 1/2-inch strips about 6 inches in length (one for each flower).
2. Petal – Hold the lid flat in the palm of your hand: design facing up and silver side facing down. Place a finger in the center of lid and pinch underneath to gather the lid together around your finger. Shape folds as desired.
3. More Petals – Repeat step two with as many lids as you would like.
4. Flower – Glue each petal onto the stem, bunching petals together.
5. Make More Flowers! (If you choose…one is beautiful too.)
6. Vase - Arrange your flower or flowers in a smoothie container, yogurt cup, or any kind of glass jar, vase, or bucket you choose!
BONUS – Set your new bouquet on the tray when you serve mom a little surprise breakfast in bed!
Here are some easy and yummy recipe ideas to help.
How will you celebrate this Mother’s Day?