We’ve got the perfect way to reuse your yogurt lids. When you’ve finished off your cup of organic goodness, wash (or lick) the lid so it’s clean and turn it into an ornament that will certainly jazz up your Christmas tree!
Materials: Two foil yogurt cup lids; a paperclip; a ballpoint pen; glue.
1. Clean and flatten two foil lids, then turn them silver side down, with the tab facing away from you.
2. Use a pen to lightly press a design (snowman, snowflake, etc) into the lid. If your design includes a word, be sure to write with reversed letters, from right to left.
3. Glue or tape the two colored sides together, matching up the tabs.
4. Pierce a hole in the tab, then thread a paperclip or ornament hook through it.
Materials: 8 foil yogurt cup lids, glue
1. Collect 8 foil lids. Clean and flatten them.
2. From the center of the tab, fold the lids in half. Unfold one lid and place foil side down and brush with glue. Place a folded lid on each side, and press firmly.
3. Continue this process until you have one lid left.
4. Lay a paper clip on the fold with half of the clip above the lid. Place the last lid on top, foil side up. Press firmly and wipe away any excess glue. When completely dry, spread lids out and enjoy!
Bonus Ornament – use the cup too!
How do you reuse your yogurt cups for the holidays?