We’ve got the perfect way to reuse your Oikos yogurt lids. When you’ve finished off your cup of goodness, wash (or lick) the lid so it’s clean and turn it into an ornament that will certainly jazz up your Christmas tree!
• 10 Oikos lids (Or any number of clean Oikos foil lids — we recommend between 8-36.)
• Non-toxic glue
• Ribbon, yarn or other string to hang
• Paper clip or two
• A couple books
1. Enjoy Oikos Greek yogurt and clean foil lids of any remains
2. Gather the listed supplies
3. Starting from the center of the tab, fold all lids in half with the colored sides together. Try to ensure that they are even and as little of the colored side can be seen from either side.
4. Stack each of the folded lids on top of one another adding a bit of glue between each layer. Be sure to press firmly and wipe away any excess glue.
5. Carefully paperclip each end of the stack to make sure it won’t wiggle too much during drying.
6. Set the stack underneath or between books to ensure strong adhesion.
7. Let the stack dry according to the directions of your glue.
8. While the ornament is drying, affix one end of a paperclip to your hanging string/ribbon. Using scissors to make a small slit in the ribbon will help make it easier.
9. Once the ornament is dry, unfold each lid so that it forms a sphere.
10. Using the paperclip from your ribbon/string, secure the two lid ends together to that it keeps the sphere in a circle.
11. Hang and enjoy!
Note: You can fold the ornament flat when storing for next season.
How do you reuse your yogurt cups for the holidays?