Looking for some fun and creative eco-friendly toys this holiday season? Here are a few favorite toys in our household that are good to the planet, and your child’s creativity!
1. Makedo — An Australian toy company, Makedo makes and sells re-useable safe-saws, hinges, and connectors for cardboard. The result? Kids ages 5 and up can create amazing toys and spaces from recyclables! This is one of the MOST used toys in our household. Makedo sells kits for free-play as well as several themed “Find & Make” kits with a bit more guidance and suggestions for building. Highly recommend! Designed for kids ages 5 and up.
2. Recycled Cardboard Zoo — I love how even the package becomes part of this fun zoo play set made from recycled cardboard! Easy to assemble, and comes with everything you need to decorate your zoo and animals: markers, stickers, etc. Hours of fun, imaginative play! Recommended for ages 4-8.
3. Artterro Kits — A small mom-owned company, Artterro designs and wholesales eco-friendly art kits for kids! Artterro features 12 different art and craft kits to choose from, all of which are made with minimal packaging. The inserts are printed on 100% post consumer waste paper with energy use off set by wind power. My daughter especially loved their Bookmaking Kit, and spent an afternoon making beautiful mini-journals to gift to family and friends. Recommended for ages 8 and up.
4. Green Toys Indoor Gardening Kit — Gardening is one of our favorite family activities because it promotes sustainability, and provides virtually endless possibilities for learning. This Indoor Gardening Kit from Green Toys gives kids the tools they need to get started with gardening, and is made with recycled plastic from curbside collected milk containers. It kit contains no phthalates and is BPA-free. Includes 3 packets of easy to grow organic seeds (teddy bear sunflower, zinnia, and basil). Recommended for ages 5 and up.
5. B. Stackadoos – A fun building toy made with recyclable packaging and includes a handy storage case. B. toys are committed to using minimal packaging using recyclable materials, and many of their toys have reversible boxes that double as gift wrap. B. Stackadoos are recommended for ages 24 months – 6 years.
* Disclaimer — I was provided with free Makedo and Artterro kits for review purposes. All opinions are my own.
Which organic and eco-friendly gifts are you excited about this year?