It’s time to embrace the next few months and remember that winter can be just as wonderful (and delicious) as summer. The best days (no matter the season) are the simplest. Curling up during those chilly months with a creamy, rich casserole feels just as decadent as spending a gorgeous day in the sun. We need to celebrate the seasons – ALL OF THEM. So cozy-up by the fire with this easy and tasty casserole!
- 1 TBS Olive Oil, enough to coat pan
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 4 Portabella Mushroom Caps, chopped into 1 inch by ½ inch pieces
- 1 ½ TBS All Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup White Wine
- ¾ Cup Chicken Stock (or Vegetable or Beef Stock)
- ½ Cup Stonyfield Organic Low Fat Plain Yogurt
- ½ Cup Creamy Goat Cheese
- 2 TBS Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ Cup Fresh Herbs (I used Basil and Parsley)
- 1 TSP Dried Italian Seasoning
- Red Pepper Flakes, to taste
- Fresh Lemon Zest, to taste
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- ½ lb Pasta, cooked
Fresh Bread Crumbs
- 1 Cup Fresh Bread Crumbs
- 2 TBS Fresh Herbs ( I used Basil and Parsley)
- 2 TBS Parmesan Cheese
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
**Toss 5 ‘Fresh Bread Crumbs’ Ingredients Together, set aside
- Heat Olive Oil in a 10.5 inch cast iron pan to medium heat. Add Onion & Garlic and sauté until soft. Add Portabella mushrooms and season with Salt & Pepper. Cook down until the Portabellas are about half their size (about ten min).
- Sprinkle flour over the Portabella mixture – making sure to evenly coat. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Raise heat to medium-high and add White Wine and Chicken Stock. Let reduce for 2-3 minutes.
- Preheat broiler.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add Goat Cheese to Portabella mixture – stir until combined.
- Add Stonyfield Organic Low Fat Plain Yogurt, Dried Italian Seasoning, Fresh Herbs, Parmesan Cheese, Red Pepper Flakes, Lemon Zest, and Salt and Pepper – to taste. Add cooked Pasta – stir until combined and heated through.
- Top with Fresh Bread Crumb Mixture and Broil until golden brown.
- Serve immediately!