Stonyfield Farm Introduces B-Healthy & B-Well Organic Yogurt
Power pair offers B & D vitamins plus omega-3
Londonderry, NH (July 22, 2010) - Stonyfield Farm, the world’s leading organic yogurt company (www.stonyfield.com), has introduced B-Healthy and B-Well, two delicious fruit-on-the bottom organic yogurts fortified with B & D vitamins plus omega-3.
“B-Healthy and B-Well offer all of the taste and nutritional benefits of delicious Stonyfield organic yogurt plus the added benefits of the B vitamins we need for everyday health,” said Gary Hirshberg Stonyfield CE-Yo. “So much food is filled with ‘empty calories’ and this delicious duo is just the opposite—a nutrient-dense treat for relatively few calories.”
B-Healthy and B-Well offer essential B vitamins which regenerate the body’s cells in unique combinations of health-supporting organic ingredients and delicious fruit flavors:
- B-Healthy provides an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids. One serving offers 32 mg of EPA and DHA, a potent omega-3 combination that may lower the risk of chronic diseases (heart disease, cancer, arthritis,) reduces inflammation, lowers triglycerides (fat), and improves blood pressure. One serving delivers 20 percent of the recommended daily value of omega-3 (160 mg./day). Available in delicious Strawberry Acai flavor. (Ask for Stonyfield’s recipes that offer the other 80 percent daily value of omega-3.)
B-Healthy also provides three B vitamins: B3 (niacin), which is used in energy production, growth and all cell functions; B5 (pantothenic acid), which is essential to the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins and fats; and B-12, which helps maintain healthy nerve cells and red blood cells.
- B-Well features a delicious Berry Harvest fruit-on-the-bottom treat made from cranberry, blueberry and raspberry. It contains three immunity enhancers—Vitamin B6, live probiotic cultures, and vitamin D. Vitamin D also helps to maintain Calcium balance
B-Healthy and B-Well provide 4 grams protein and only 1 gram fat per 4-ounce cup, and are low-calorie (80 Berry Harvest, 90 Strawberry Acai) Look for them over the summer in natural food stores and leading supermarkets for a suggested retail price of $2.49 per pack.
About Stonyfield Farm
Stonyfield Farm, celebrating its 27th year, is the world’s leading organic yogurt company. Its all natural and certified organic yogurt, smoothies, milk, cultured soy, frozen yogurt and ice cream are distributed nationally. The company advocates that healthy food can only come from a healthy planet. Its use of organic ingredients helps keep over 180,000 farm acres free of toxic, persistent pesticides and chemical fertilizers known to contaminate soil, drinking water and food. To help reduce climate change, Stonyfield offsets all of the CO2 emissions generated from its facility energy use. The company also started a nonprofit called Climate Counts (climatecounts.org), which shows people how they can help fight climate change by the way they shop and invest. Stonyfield also donates 10% of its profits to efforts that help protect and restore the Earth. For more information about Stonyfield Farm, its products and initiatives, visit www.stonyfield.com.