Sr. Graphics Designer
We aren’t just yogurt on a mission; we are people on a mission.
Stonyfield is an organic pioneer. We believe socially responsible business can change the world, and that organic is better for people and the planet’s health. We passionately lead a better way to make food for healthy people and a healthy planet and our employees are at the centerpiece of this mission.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Sr. Graphic Designer thinks conceptually and strategically about design and ensures a consistent, high quality, high impact brand look and feel across all mediums. They work collaboratively with internal teams to develop a variety of print and web marketing and sales communications materials. They have senior-level design responsibilities as well as management responsibility of creative services team members and outside agencies and freelancers.
- Develop creative concepts and design layouts for a variety of marketing and sales print materials including: lids, some packaging, ads, brochures, direct mail, FSIs, displays, event set-ups, store/restaurant environments, POS, posters, sell sheets, coupons, invitations, handouts, signage, vehicle graphics, tradeshows booth set-ups and graphics, premiums and apparel, etc..
- Develop creative concepts and design web graphics and page layouts for websites, online newsletters, banner ads, emails, online advertising, etc.
- Collaborate with colleagues and execute design for cross promotional advertising with partnerships such as USTA, and create other promotional materials for large scale events or venues such as stadiums.
- Oversee, mentor and direct design staff and CS coordinator. Conduct annual performance reviews and hire and build team of resources as needed (temps, freelancers, outside agencies, photographers, printers, etc.)
- Provide an innovative, nurturing and strong creative culture within the company.
- Direct photoshoots. Research production options/materials and develop printing/production job specifications.
- Prepare pre-press electronic files for print production. Proof bluelines, match prints and press proofs, and supervise print runs as needed.
- Maintain art file archive and ensure company-wide access to current logos and print standards, and ensure proper use within all company communications.
- Degree in Fine Arts or Graphic Design and 8+ years of practical print and web design work experience.
- Strong zeal for design, advertising and creative communication.
- Detail oriented and able to juggle multiple projects and prioritize to meet specified time constraints.
- Ability to think and act creatively and strategically to meet company objectives.
- Proficiency in Macintosh graphic design hardware and software including Quark Xpress, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, Flash and good understanding of CSS/HTML.
- Knowledge of Macintosh operating system and familiarity with graphic design equipment (computers, printers, scanners, etc.) to be able to troubleshoot and solve basic problems and work with a Mac technician to identify and solve system problems or recommend upgrades or improvements to meet company needs.
- Thorough knowledge of pre-press production and printing and web production.
- Enjoy collaboration and teamwork; interact well with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal).
- Ability to handle stress and adapt in a hectic, changing work environment with a high volume of distractions and interruptions.
- Willingness and ability to work extra hours and travel as required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Stonyfield is an equal employment opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants with regard to any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, and physical or mental disabilities.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference "Sr. Graphics Designer" in the subject line.