We aren’t just yogurt on a mission; we're people on a mission.
Stonyfield is an organic pioneer. We believe socially responsible business can change the world, and that organic is better for people and the planet’s health. We passionately lead a better way to make food for healthy people and a healthy planet and our employees are at the centerpiece of this mission.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Product Developer is responsible for defining with marketing product brief based on consumer and market understanding, designing product and process, insuring first time right implementation in factories and for launch follow up (renovation, innovation or cost/quality projects). This position involves strong interactions with internal cross functional team and external suppliers, hands on bench and analytical work, pilot plant work, managing formula cost and specifications (ingredients and product & process), conducting and coordinating industrial tests in plants, and assisting in industrial start-ups of new and improved products. The candidate must be able to represent R&D interest within the company during all projects.
- Managing projects according to the STAGE GATE PROCESS methodology
- Act as R&D driver on product attributes definition vs consumer expectations as well as technical solutions within each project team
- Develop formulations and processes to deliver on consumer expectations, within project food safety, costs and timing requirements
- Design and lead pilot trials, organize tasting sessions with Marketing, and draw conclusions and recommendations for next steps.
- Participate in consumer test design, organize sample production and ensure product quality follow up.
- Realize scale up / industrialization with Engineering and Manufacturing departments.
- Collaborate with suppliers to obtain best results for product development (brief suppliers and follow up on their progress)
- Participate as an R&D representative for product launch/start up by preparing all specifications related to product line (except packaging and fruits) and ensure that all documentation needed is available prior to start up.
- Master’s Degree in Food Science or closely related field
- 2 - 5 years’ experience in a related field, preferably CPG Industry
- Flexibility to travel (25%)
- Strong project management/organization and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and able to train staff.
- Proficient in computer skills
Stonyfield is an equal employment opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants with regard to any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, and physical or mental disability.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference "Product Developer" in the subject line.