Buyer – Stonyfield Co-Manufacturing
We aren’t just yogurt on a mission; we're people on a mission.
Stonyfield is an organic pioneer. We believe socially responsible business can change the world, and that organic is better for people and the planet’s health. We passionately lead a better way to make food for healthy people and a healthy planet and our employees are at the centerpiece of this mission.
POSITION OVERVIEW: This role will both assist in the development and implementation of a regional strategy for managing the Lactalis North America co-manufacturing network and will provide local support to Stonyfield as part of the broader Lactalis North America Purchasing organization. This position will support in the execution of a regional co-manufacturing supply strategy through analysis of spend data and understanding of affiliate business needs, and will also participate in the overall management of supplier relationships and performance, innovation and sustainability management. This position will also be responsible for ensuring connectivity between Stonyfield functional groups (R&D, Quality, Finance, Project Management, Marketing, etc.) and the broader Lactalis North America Purchasing organization. It is expected that the focus of this position will be split roughly 60% on support for co-manufacturing activities and 40% in support of general Stonyfield purchasing needs.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and management of the strategy for North America co-manufacturing, making sure the needs and specifications of each CBU are considered
- Builds market and spend analyses and provides recommendations in support of category and Stonyfield objectives
- Provides general support for the North America Purchasing organization (general SRM, support of quality documentation collection, etc.)
- Actively supports in supplier relationship management, including in the construction of annual supplier performance reviews (VEGA), innovation and productivity project brainstorming, supplier price and SAP contract management
- Identifies and develops productivity projects for Stonyfield and other Lactalis affiliates in North America
- Provides cross functional support for other internal departments and serves as primary point of contact at Stonyfield for questions or problem solving related to supplier management
- Responsible for administrative vendor management and reporting in SAP, including monthly budget reporting
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from an accredited institution or the equivalent combination of experience and education
- 1-3 years’ experience in Purchasing or other comparable area (Supply Chain, Finance, R&D, Operations, etc.)
- Rigorous data driven/analytical capability and ability to present data to a leadership level
- Demonstrated Project Management and Leadership skills
- Strong computer knowledge of Microsoft products (Excel/Word/Powerpoint)
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints
- Ability to operate in a team environment with the ability to motivate
- Ability to adapt in a changing work environment
- SAP or comparable business systems solutions knowledge
- Requires the ability to flex schedule as needed to meet business demands, including nights and/or weekends
Stonyfield is an equal employment opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants with regard to any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, and physical or mental disability.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference "Buyer – Stonyfield Co-Manufacturing " in the subject line.