We aren’t just yogurt on a mission; we're people on a mission.
Stonyfield is an organic pioneer. We believe socially responsible business can change the world, and that organic is better for people and the planet’s health. We passionately lead a better way to make food for healthy people and a healthy planet and our employees are at the centerpiece of this mission.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Accounting Manager will lead month-end close process; including the preparation and reconciliation of financial statements (P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow statement). The role will assist Director Accounting & Control with implementation and documentation of Internal Control process improvements related to the Accounting function. The Accounting Manager will handle a diverse range of duties with limited supervision and exercise initiative and independent judgment.
- Lead accounting function and assure validity and accuracy of trial balance and underlying sub-ledgers
- Oversee monthly and yearly financial closing process. This includes reviewing and approving journal entries, preparing monthly reconciliations, and preparing monthly financial documents (P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow Statement)
- Supervising one staff accountant
- Lead monthly consolidation reporting to central office by leveraging online reporting interface
- Facilitation of intercompany process including billings, payments, reporting and reconciliations.
- Oversee in the implementation and documentation of Internal Control process improvements for accounting area
- Assist with Balance Sheet and Cash flow forecasting as assigned
- Assist Director of Accounting and external auditors with final year-end processing
- Assist outside tax firm with ad hoc reporting requests as needed
- Assist in roll out of updated SAP ERP system.
- Maintain Chart of Accounts
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- Minimum of 3-5 years Accounting Supervisor experience
- C.P.A. or C.M.A. certification required
- Excellent computer knowledge of Microsoft products (Excel/Word/Powerpoint)
- SAP experience is a plus
- Must be analytical, accurate and self-motivated
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints
- Ability to operate in a team environment
- Ability to adapt in a changing work environment
- Requires the ability to flex schedule as needed to meet business demands, including nights and/or weekends
Stonyfield is an equal employment opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants with regard to any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, and physical or mental disability.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference "Accounting Manager" in the subject line.